- Interspec Custom Joinery Pty. Ltd. (ICJ) will guarantee joinery materials [cabinets, doors and benchtops excluding granite/natural stone] will be free from defects and workmanship for a period of 10 years from the date of installation.
- In relation to all appliances and accessories supplied, the customer will rely upon the warranty given by the supplier of such items. ICJ shall not be liable for the service or the compliance with any of the said supplier’s warranties.
iii. The warranty conditions set out above are not valid until all monies due and payable to ICJ have been paid by the customer in full.
- All hardware is covered by respective manufacturers’ warranties.
(a) The work will be performed in a proper and workmanlike manner and in accordance with the plans and
(b) All materials supplied by the contractor will be good and suitable for the purpose for which they are used and, unless otherwise stated in the proposal, those materials will be new;
(c) The works will be done in accordance with and comply with the Home Building Act or any other law.
(d) The works will be done with due diligence and within a reasonable time;
(e) The works under the proposal will result, to the extent of the works conducted, in a dwelling or facility that is reasonably fit for occupation and use.
(f) The works and any materials used in the works will be reasonably fit for the specific purpose or result, if any, which is stated as the required outcome of the works. Any specific purpose is to be made known to the contractor in writing, and before the proposal is signed.
No provision of this proposal can reduce, restrict or remove these statutory warranties
DURATION OF STATUTORY WARRANTIES.
Proceedings for a breach of a statutory warranty must be taken within 7 years after:
- a) The completion of the work; or
- b) If the work is not completed:
The date for completion of the work specified or determined in accordance with the proposal; or If there is no such date, the date of the proposal.